Sunday, July 20, 2008

crazy week - crazy me

You know how it is, when life goes completely berserk, things that you least expect are thrown up your path. Duck and avoid as best as you can - you may be lucky, you may not.
Those are the times when the slightest things/gestures/words make a world of difference.
In case you have no clue what I'm talking about, good for you :)

I'm currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. This book recommended by one of my NY colleagues and I'm so glad she did. Just a few chapters into the book and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I cannot point out if it is the simplicity, the reality, the thought process or the word play that makes it such a joy to read. So typing out this post real quickly, so that I can get back to the book :)

Has has it ever happened to you - that you are in a negative mood - be it feeling low, depressed, frustrated, angry... whatever, then all of a sudden - something makes you feel just the opposite? It could be anything, in this case I'm talking about a hello tune on a friend's phone :) which currently is 'naan paadum' from the movie Duet. The first time that I heard his tune I asked him to cut the call and not to pick it up until I told him to. Just listening to the tune was so refreshing and happy. Through the week, whenever I felt I needed a break from my mundane thoughts, I'd call him up just to listen to the tune. This, I think is one of ARR's best albums. the combination of the saxophone and the keyboard is amazing. The way Kadri's sax pieces take you on an emotional ride depending on the situation in the movie is just mind blowing.

Ok so we've done book, music/movie and now to television ads. Watched this one a couple of times today and really liked it. I don't understand why Aamir is doing an SRK i.e. appearing in so many ads, but still this one's worth it.

Be born everyday:


Ending this post with a snippet from the book:
This is the part where the writer wants to learn Italian but is trying justify if its going to be of any use, learning a language just because you like it. In the end she says:
"Why must everything always have a practical application? I've been a diligent soldier for years - working, producing, never missing a dead-line, taking care of my credit record, voting, etc. Is this lifetime supposed to be only about duty?"

(I know someone would intervene to say - no its not, that's what I've been telling you all along...)

That's something to chew on ...
Happy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. :)..
    gauging life..on scales others made
    pausing..for someone tirades
    waking up to chase night's dream
    where is self? why always team?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I know someone would intervene to say - no its not, that's what I've been telling you all along..."

    :-) So now who is the pillar of GS?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ passer by - self, I, me, myself, mine - why do I keep forgetting :)

    @ arun - who? what? when? why? :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Murphy's corollary ...

    when everything seems right, something goes wrong!

    if you call him so many times, then you are discharging his battery. If he has it on vibrate, then imagine, you may be making him dance every time you call!!

    [:p]

    ReplyDelete