Saturday, November 10, 2007

NY - A city of arts, music, dance and more...

Music, theatre and dance are not just activities to pass time. The importance that the city of NY gives to art is just incredible. Be it a Bon Jovi concert, a piano concert, an art exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art or even just the street dancers... the city is full of it. Even the persons performing at the subway stations are so good. If only they were given a chance to perform on stage, they'd get paid much more than the cap full of pennies they collect from passers-by.

Some street dancing at Central Park. Man were they good!


Every single day as I skimmed through the Arts section of the newspaper, I realised what we were missing out on...
One of the highlights of my trip was a broadway show called The Phantom of the Opera.
I wanted to watch a show when I was there and I'd heard so much about this particular one from various people, I decided I had to watch it. Till I reached the theatre, this was just another show, but then I was taken by total surprise. The hall, the stage, the settings, the people, the costumes, the orchestra, the ballets, the singing... my god! I was completely awestruck. I have never seen, heard or experienced anything as beautiful as this. I am so glad I went.
You can get a glimpse of what the show is all about in their official webite. Check out the 'Sights and Sounds' and 'Meet the people' sections. If the site looks so appealing you can imagine what the show would have been in reality. No wonder this is now the longest running show on Broadway overtaking Cats.
Trust me... days after the show... the music will still haunt you...

7 comments:

  1. hmmmm... though jus another journey in the "Journey called Life" this post we be more apt in your latter blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooops..and abt the video... here too it happens.. hav lots of video's similar and diff like wht u saw... well u know i am so busy working these days tht i hardly get time to say even "Hi" to anyone :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes this would be an apt entry in the other blog, but the way I've maintained it is to have only poetry and photography in the space. so everything else comes here :)

    and yes I understand u must be busy. but do try to take some time out of ur busy schedule to say hi to someone :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ prashanth - was in NY for a couple of weeks... where art thou?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ prashanth - it being such a small world, u never know :p

    ReplyDelete