Sunday, June 22, 2008

mood, music, madness

Quote displayed on my blog the other day read "Music is what feelings sound like". Its so true, how we can relate to an album/a song depending on our mood.

The album that comes to my mind is "How to Name It" by Illayaraja. Arun had sent me a couple of songs long time back and R had given me the album. The way the first song begins... made me a fan of the maestro (until then, to me - Rahman was the only Indian composer).
To compose music like this way back in the 80s, is something!

Mad Mod Mood Fugue, the second song in the album is my song. The way the tune beautifully weaves ups, downs, pain, excitement and many more moods is what I can totally relate to.

Was cleaning the room yesterday when I found this CD. Played this song and could easily identify which part of the tune depicted my current state of mind :)
So, which is the song that you can relate to right now?


Now for something totally unrelated. I usually don't believe in emotional blackmail. If anyone tries that with me, I ask them to take a hike. Don't know what came over me... but I used one line a couple of days back. It was just a single line... didn't mean to hurt anyone, just wanted to make a point and make the point - I definitely did. The outcome is much more than expected... now I think its time for me to again say 'Take a hike' :D
Some things never change!

5 comments:

  1. as usual i dint get tht "emotional blackmail" part.. but the song in loop for almost last 1 week is "Break Away" by Kelly clarkson.. call it the norwegian effect.. after the wonderful/fantastic/mind blowing/etc etc etc trip to norway, now sitting in office listening to the song makes me to plan for my next trip.. and abt the trip and photos! as usual.. hold on! how long to hold even i dont know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Music is what feelings sound like" ....

    so what do u say 4 death metal? [:0]

    dead feelings? [:p]

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ arun - nice song :)
    waiting for details and pics from this trip and the previous one and the previous one and also the one before that :p

    @ prashanth - 'music...' I don't consider death metal music, so will refrain from commenting :p

    maybe it is feelings of the dead - nah can't be, they'd all be so peaceful, away from this messy world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They say, "Grass is greener on the other side!".

    Why is that dead are peaceful?

    Its like saying people who are far away from your presence are good or doing good as you don't see them. The opposite corollary for "Famaliarity breeds contempt."

    What if, for arguments sake, death was the beginning of horrible pain and suffering while life was joy in comparison? Would if be fair for a person to lament in death whilst he lamented in life?

    Or what if death is what it is. The end. That makes life a joy even if to exist.

    Don't get me wrong, I am not picking on you. Its more like thoughts said aloud (to self).

    Maybe, better kept as thoughts than words!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ prashanth - hm... point! never thought of it that way. Maybe I was just being over optimistic :D
    So 'away from this messy world' peaceful or not - yet to be determined!

    ReplyDelete