Wednesday, June 11, 2008

dumbass!!!

One of my close friend's getting engaged soon. He'd told me that he would send me the girl's pic but hadn't done so yet, so mailed him:

Subject : photo enga (where is the photo)
Message: I know its not the right time to call u... photo anuppu machi! (send the photo dude!)

Promptly comes the reply: Here you go!
I click on view image and the photo starts downloading. Must be a huge file I think to myself. First I see hillocks and then its trees at a distance.... wait - it almost looks like the Grand Canyon.
*Oh wow - this is not the traditional pic that I would expect a girl to share with her husband to be * I think to myself... I would have expected it to be a typical studio shot. Appears like its a pic taken from a forgein trip, she must have gone there for some project, I say to myself.

The picture is still loading and I see a guy in a white tee and jeans.
*Must be her friend/colleague* I say to myself and wait for the image to fully load
When it does, I'm shocked because there is no one else in the pic
*You must be kidding me*

*oh no wait... did I send the mail to the right guy??*

Its then that I realize that one extra 'h' in the name can create a whole lot of confusion
The best part is that its not the first time that I've mailed this guy thinking him to be my friend
That's why his name popped up when I started typing in the name and also why the reply was so prompt :D

I then reply to his mail saying - I'm so sorry... I keep doing this over and over again don't I !
"No problem" is all that he has to say.

I just cannot stop laughing. Feel like such a dumbass :)

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... what movies and tags can I "associate"?

    *) "Chronicles of the stupid rock ... dumbass, which and the bore"
    *) "Dude where's my mobile"
    *) "Phone Booth - The return of the landline"
    *) "Dumb and Dumber (Mobile)"
    *) "Adventures of the Indian Phones- the Kingdom of Crystal Mobile"

    and finally, the most apt
    *) "The Rock"

    touch screen with photo a.k.a I-Phone is what you need!!
    [:D]

    ReplyDelete
  2. what's with the 'association'? :p

    Movie tags in return:
    ~ Night at the museum (that must be every night, considering that antique piece)
    ~ A walk in the clouds (that would've been the case considering the speed of malfunctioning machines)
    ~ Alleged sunshine and the senseless mind (sequel of Eternal sunshine...)

    saving the best for last
    ~ Bandanna Bondage (you should read the plot on IMDB) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, well .... "umbrella" has made it to the playlist! What a pleasant surprise!!

    That was one thing that was missing today when it started pouring today evening .......

    BTW, whosoever suggested that song must have great taste in music .... [:)]

    ReplyDelete
  4. who suggested that song? hm...
    oh yeah it was MCM :p

    its raining there these days? heard it was really hot out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep .. was in 35-40 deg c range, a week and a half ago!!

    Reading between the lines ... your friends don't reply promptly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its like what Mr. Murphy would say - when its the wrong person, the reply would sure enough be instant

    No need to read between lines - at least in this case :)

    ReplyDelete