Sunday, May 13, 2007

Movie Classics

Remember the good old days when at Cartoon Network magically turned into the TNT movie channel. I used wait for 9PM to watch all the old English classics that they played.
And then one (not so fine) day, Cartoon Network became a 24 hour channel :(
Some 2 years back I was checking the net to get a list of 'must watch' English classics and its only now that I am getting to watch them...
I guess when it comes to watching Classics... its never too late :)

Movie #1 - Singing in the rain
I love watching musicals.... the songs, the dance, the expressions, the background scores!
I've watched this movie earlier but wanted to watch it again.
Gene Kelly is such a delight to watch with his moves, his song-dance sequences and comedy.
There's one scene where Donal O'Connor tells Gene that 'comedy' is what the audience want. For this he does a 5 minute dance-cum-comedy stint that'll have your sides aching from all the laughing.
Debbie Reynolds is such a pretty face with amazing singing & dancing talent.
On the whole I thoroughly enjoyed the movie :)

Movie #2 - Casablanca
I admit, it took me sometime to understand what was happening in the begining of the movie. But once I got there, I just loved the movie from then on....
This is a movie about patriotism, sacrifice, love, sticking to your beliefs no matter what and above all.... friendship. Amazing acting by Humphrey Bogart , Ingrid Bergman, Paul Henreid & Claude Rains.
This is one great movie and I'm going to watch again before I return the DVD :)

2 comments:

  1. See "A Day at the Races".. a 30s movie, utterly hilarious..
    And "The King and I", the movie that shot Ben Kingsley to fame after his oscar winning performance.. both are my favorites..

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey i am also TNT viewer ...but now bad luck...i wish it will back and entertain again ...any way thanx for ur movie list ...

    ReplyDelete