Sunday, December 03, 2006

Year End – @ a Dead End ?

After a lot of heaving, sighing and tugging along, I crawl past year-end mark. The ribbon at the finish line has finally been snapped in two. The past 3-4 months whizzed past me and I didn'’t even have time to measure the Speed of the Flight of Time!

Its December 2006. Today I sit down to think, what it is that I have achieved this year. What are the deeds that stand out from the rest, what makes me feel proud of myself (if at all there are any).
One-two.....five ok I confess its just a handful of things worth mentioning.
I look in the other direction, what all have I missed out on, with how many friends have I lost contact, how many times did I say "Sorry, I have no time - please try to understand"”. My God! this number is just too much, I don't have enough fingers and toes to count them all in one go!

Weighing things out - I have to do the balancing act. Its NOW or NEVER.
I have to decide where to draw the line and how dark and thick this line should be.
Did I have a good work-life balance? Life? What is that? Its just been work, more work and even more work! How do I feel about it? Not too good!… Of late, I wonder more often than not -Is it all worth it!

Am I at a dead end? Do I see no further path or do I see what I want to do?… I can'’t wait for time to tell me these things, it is for me to make the decision and the time is NOW!

Its so funny how I can totally relate to Dilbert :)

1 comment:

  1. 5 acheivements in a year ... its quite a handful. Literally .... :)

    Balancing act of work/life .... i have seen some acheive it to perfection. I have seen people trying. I have some totally give up.

    But Dilbert adds a touch .... which I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete