Thursday, April 27, 2006

Any way out of this mess???

Something has to be done about the traffic in Bangalore. Getting stuck for hours, that most of us have got used to.
Yesterday on my way back I was stuck in traffic, as usual, it was near BTM this time - where an ambulance was also stuck. Its siren was howling, but it had no way out. No vehicle could move.
I only hope everything's ok with the patient.
What will happen in case of an emergency? Would we have to sacrifice our lives because of some stupid traffic jam?
I was just thinking that may be major hospitals could have helicopter services only for emergencies and patients could be picked up from various pre-determined locations in the city. But then even in this case, to reach the pick up point, one would have to steer through the traffic....
Hope the situation improves soon!

4 comments:

  1. Banglore was better when compared with hyderabad madam ....in evening times hyderabad with 2 much traffic every day ....this probelm not only in banglore ..in every city...govt.has 2 think about it ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep the problem needs to be solved. Whether its the govt that does it (wud help if the infrastructure could be improved) or if its we the people do it. From my visits to hybd, I think hybd traffic is atleast disciplined..anyway hoping for the best..or at least something better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Bangalore's traffic is definitely worse than Hydie's. I always felt terrible when I heard an ambulance stuck on Hosur Road. Such a ridiculous way to die, isn't it?

    We _have_ to do something about the traffic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ vaish - yep! something needs to be done...& soon! with the rains setting in... its only going to get worse.

    ReplyDelete