Saturday, February 04, 2006

Rang De - Makes you think

Heard so many views about the movie before watching it. I guess this is the first time that I have heard such varied views about a single movie. Some people loved it while others thought it was a total waste of time. I bought the album as soon as it was released, loved the songs and was waiting to watch it.
Rang De is a mixture of many light moments and serious emotions. Aamir his chirpy, mischievous self. The youngsters in the movie are no different from you and me. All we think about is our studies, our work, our lives. Are we bothered about anything else?
The scenes from the past especially about the Jallianwala Bagh were very moving.
I've studied about the freedom struggle during my school days. At that time it was just something which I had to mug up. Meant nothing to me. But today while watching the movie it shook me up a bit.
Now, I want to know more about the freedom fighters, their lives, the sacrifices they made.

I'm sure Monday I'll get back to work and get immersed in my mundane meaningless life. But I'm glad I am at least thinking .....

My Verdict : Rang De Basanti - it makes you think!

1 comment:

  1. Definetly a great movie ... legend in the indian movie history...very few of movies like this makes by indian cine makers...it inspires you....friends dont miss 2 watch it .......

    ReplyDelete