Friday, April 15, 2005

When was the last time that I ...

  • Got up feeling all nice and bright right in time watch the sunrise (never used to do that even before, but that’s not the point here, is it?)
  • Stuffed my face with chocolates, pastries or even ice-cream
  • Went to the park and watched the kids play to their hearts' content
  • Did nothing but lie down with lights switched off and listened to music
  • Visited the amusement park and went on a ride that scared the life out of me
  • Spent time on the terrace at night watching the stars twinkling away merrily
  • Laughed so hard that I had tears rolling down my cheeks
  • Stayed up all night chatting with friends – really miss those fun filled days
  • Went and watched a movie and had a ball of a time
  • Played the keyboard and came up with a tune that I would fall in love with and listen to endlessly
  • Watched a comedy show on TV and forgot about the world around me
  • Looked at the sky full of fluffy clouds and imagined what its shape reminded me of
  • Watered the plants just so that I could enjoy the smell of wet mud
  • Blasted music in such high volume that people came to order me to turn it down
  • Went to the beach and spent the day just watching the waves touch my feet and go away
  • Went on a shopping spree till I almost got bankrupt
  • Had a long telephone conversation with close friends (something other than cribbing about life)
  • Smiled to myself on being reminded of a precious moment or two….
When did I last do any of these… I truly don’t remember.
What has become of the “ME” that I used to be?
Who am I? I just wonder !

2 Comments:

Shashi Rajasekaran said...

its wish full thinking if thou wants the "ME" to be timeless.. it never is..

"the old order changeth..giving place to the new"..its the most ineviatble law of nature...

hmm the plaesure we have walked through in life are like kneaded clay.. so flexible.. so much fun to play with.. but derives a use when baked into pots....we are getting baked everyday.. getting plastered everyday to a wall thats to wall us..

3:02 PM
Srividya said...

Hey pal
I agree with what you say...change is the order of the day.
But should we let our lives change so much that we forget the very nature of our true selves....? this was what I was musing about :)

1 comment:

  1. * Got up feeling all nice and bright right in time watch the sunrise (never used to do that even before, but that’s not the point here, is it?)
    Today (almost sun never sets now here)...
    * Stuffed my face with chocolates, pastries or even ice-cream
    last Aug 30 on my birthday...(yummy people poured bit of sparkling wine also..hav the video but cant upload :-))
    * Went to the park and watched the kids play to their hearts' content
    May be 2-3 weeks bck...
    * Did nothing but lie down with lights switched off and listened to music
    Doing it everyday...
    * Visited the amusement park and went on a ride that scared the life out of me
    April 15th..was on holiday to Sixflags in NewJersy...took the kingdagha ride...250km/hr 130mtr high (worlds tallest and fastest coaster ride, but not scary...pure fun)
    * Spent time on the terrace at night watching the stars twinkling away merrily
    If u want exactly terrace..when i was in gujarat working for Masibus...here no terrace...even if so i will be frozen to death
    * Laughed so hard that I had tears rolling down my cheeks
    Watching Bhasker doing the swim test for Rafting (hope u saw/see it in my blog)
    * Stayed up all night chatting with friends – really miss those fun filled days
    i aint missing..still continueing..diff is not chat..direct calls..bcos for me my friends are jus a call away!
    * Went and watched a movie and had a ball of a time
    not in the recent past...but in college life hav many stories :-)
    * Played the keyboard and came up with a tune that I would fall in love with and listen to endlessly
    I will answer this latter...
    * Watched a comedy show on TV and forgot about the world around
    show not on TV...but long bck used to go to S.V.Sekar drama in Kalaivaanar Arangham chennai...now its jus Conan O Brien
    * Looked at the sky full of fluffy clouds and imagined what its shape reminded of
    Lot many time..even now i am looking thru windows only :-)
    * Watered the plants just so that I could enjoy the smell of wet mud
    Dont remember :-(
    * Blasted music in such high volume that people came to order to turn it down
    come on, u know y i changed my appartment (to be correct they changed me)...here in finland after 4 times of complaint and 5th time the police came directly to warn DONT DISTURB NEIBHOUR...once the polie said like this..my response was..ohh thts ok..we are having party..y cant u join? ;-) (oops i miss my old room)
    * Went to the beach and spent the day just watching the waves touch feet and go away
    I miss Marina, Foreshore est Iyappan temple badly and the walk i hav from triplicane to the temple :-(
    * Went on a shopping spree till almost got bankrupt
    Hang on this months credit bill is jus 3578Euro...if u dont believe will scan and post it in my blog :-)
    * Had a long telephone conversation with close friends (something other than cribbing about life)
    Hmmmm a lot...even yest
    * Smiled to myself on being reminded of a precious moment or two….
    Lot many...

    ReplyDelete